|Reporting To:||Job Type:||Full-time|
|Hours of Work:||Standard 37.5 Hour Work Week|
|Travel:||Minimum Travel Required|
“The pen is mightier than the sword.” If you believe it, and can live and breathe it in the digital marketing realm, we should talk.
We are Worldplay, a growing video technology company. We recently launched our new flagship video platform product, Vidflex, to the USA and Canada – all from the shadow of the Rockies!
We’re looking for an amazing copywriter that knows how to drive leads – someone who can help us reach our audiences with compelling content to drive interest and engagement. The right candidate will also deeply understand SEO and SEM to quickly assess, refine and optimize the content plan to punch above its weight. They will craft and deliver messaging that lands, sticks and creates action across multiple channels – websites, social, paid campaign ads, blog posts, video scripts email and nurturing sequences.
The Digital Content Specialist takes responsibility for the following key functions:
- Establish Worldplay’s content style guidelines and develop communications materials
- Help develop the digital channel and social media content plan, execute, monitor and adjust, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Manage all CRM activities (lead generation workflows, audience engagement, regular touchpoint communications, nurturing and retention communications)
- Update content on company and product websites
- Provide project management and support for marketing team and other department members
- Monitor and report on content plan KPIs, trending and recommendations for ongoing optimization.
In order to successfully respond to the challenges of the role, the Digital Content Specialist will be a highly committed and energetic individual and should represent as many as possible of the below mentioned skills and characteristics:
- Mad copy-writing skills (others may describe you as the Gandalf of copy wizardry)
- A chessmaster-like understanding of omnichannel marketing
- Superhero skill levels of effective SEO and SEM strategies
- Impeccable attention to detail – starting with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- High levels of organization
- Ability to work within a small-but-focused team
- Capability to think and do – from a great imagination and ideas for strategic input to manage and execute our complete content calendar
- Experience with storyboarding for video, experience with video production is a bonus
- Rainmaking lead generation skills
- Strong CRM and other publishing tools capabilities
- A good sense of humor doesn’t hurt!
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing or Communications (or related field)
- 5-6 years of experience building strong digital content for corporate marketing teams
- Proven success with lead generation/customer acquisition content, ideally in a B2B environment
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, HTML, and CMS systems are assets
- Passion, integrity, and energy!
The Operating Model
• Weekly Marketing team focus meetings
• One-to-one meetings with direct reports
If you fit the candidate profile and skill requirements outlined above and are interested in applying for the Digital Marketing Specialist position please e-mail a copy of your CV/Resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Applying for Digital Content Specialist position in the subject line.