|Reporting To:||VP of Product Development||Job Type:||Full-time|
|Hours of Work:||Standard 37.5 Hour Work Week|
|Travel:||Minimum Travel Required|
The successful candidate will be a creative individual who has a focus on interface design but can design and produce creative for multiple channels including web, mobile, email, video and social media. The Interface Designer is responsible for understanding the needs of all stakeholders and develop creative solutions that position Worldplay as a leader in its field. The Interface Designer will work with internal and external clients to develop cutting edge designs that achieve business objectives while balancing brand, vision, and aesthetics.
The Interface Designer takes responsibility for the following key functions:
- Visual Design skills paramount
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of our interface pattern library
- Contribute to the brand standards of the company
- Create visual trust in the interface and the presentation of the brand
- The ability to look at a design with the eyes of a user
- Develop creative concepts and present recommendations based on user-centred design techniques, heuristics and professional assessment
- Actively participate in cross-functional team meetings to evolve the core streaming-video product as well as marketing and web properties
- Understanding of how to use analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with usability testing and other user-centred design methods
As part of the Product team, you’ll be responsible for designing the visual language of the Worldplay video platform as well as assisting with marketing and other visual design tasks in our close-knit and growing company.
As a person, you are genuinely curious and enjoy learning new skills. You have many different skills from video editing and cooking to business cards and t-shirt design. You’ve most likely designed a poster for a friend’s band. You enjoy kerning jokes and have likely seen the Helvetica documentary. You enjoy hanging out with creative people and have too many personal projects and sometimes feel guilty you haven’t completed them all.
Degree in Graphics/Web Design or related field
3-5 years experience in Graphic and Web design
Excellent at mobile web design
Experience with both task-based software interfaces as well as marketing and informational website design
Experience with prototyping software like UXPin or InVision
Know your way around Adobe Creative Cloud products
Understanding of the limitations of the web in regards to software design
Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web
Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including user flows, customer journey, and site mapping
Strong oral and written communications skills
Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Excellent knowledge of Adobe creative suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate, and Acrobat
Knowledge of HTML, CSS
Passion, Integrity, and Energy!
If you fit the candidate profile and skill requirements outlined above and are interested in applying for the Interface Designer position please e-mail a copy of your CV/Resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Applying for Interface Designer position in the subject line.